The Departments of Mathematics and Language Arts is sharing the availability of the grades 4-8 i-Ready iPad Apps for Vocabulary and Math.
- Please find the descriptions for each App below.
- World’s Worst Pet – Focuses on vocabulary fluency, particularly with Common Core identified Tier 2 words; helps build academic vocabulary fluency. World’s Worst Pet exposes students to over 1,000 Tier 2 words at 6 different levels through four engaging games. Aligned to the Common Core, this app provides student-friendly definitions, a playful narrative, a fun reward system and thought-provoking writing prompts.
- LINK: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/worlds-worst-pet-vocabulary/id730540095
- Door 24 – Provides practice in math computational fluency, supporting problem solving and freeing working memory to allow students to engage in higher-order thinking. It helps students achieve computational fluency – an integral part of success in mathematics! Created for the Common Core, Door 24 provides targeted practice in the use of basic facts, number sense, and algebraic thinking. Students can work through 6 different levels and multiple problem sets as they help fix Victor the robot’s circuits.
- LINK: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/door-24-math/id770879638?mt=8