Tag Archives: kids
Annual Title I Meeting – Tuesday, Sept. 16
Transportation Info via Parent Portal
Follow DBFE on Instagram!
The Art of Summer at FIU
- Registration for the Art of Summer at FIU is open.
- The camp will take place June 16 to August 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., for children ages 6-14. Early drop-off is available at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up is available until 6 p.m.
- The eight-week camp is $150/week (total of $1,200) and four-week camp is $175/week (total of $700). Full payment is due upon registration.
- The camp cost includes lunch, snacks, and weekly field trips. Select two “Arts” led by FIU instructors. Pick any two of these activities: art, dance, music or sports.
- Registrations received after May 30, 2014, will incur a $50 late fee.
- Late fees apply for pick-ups after 6 p.m.
For more information, visit: summercamp.fiu.edu, email email@example.com or call (305) 348-4837.
YouthSpark Summer Camps thru Microsoft
Summer Camp at DBFE
Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week
This week is Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week.
In recognition of the national campaigns for Children’s Mental Health Awareness, we’d like to take this opportunity to draw attention to the mental health needs of children and adolescents. A mental illness is a medical condition that disrupts a person’s thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others, and daily functioning. Mental health is an essential part of a child’s overall health and has an interactive relationship with his or her physical health and ability to succeed in school and society.
The following resources focus on this topic and provide a wealth of information on Children’s Mental Health for educators, students, and their families:
- A Family Guide to Children’s Mental Health Services and Supports
- This guidebook published by Florida’s Department of Children and Families provides information on mental health concerns and treatment for children.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Provides information and resources for families on mental illness and mental health disorders in children and adolescents.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Provides information on mental illness and links to resources for individuals and families in need.
- National Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Thank you for all that you do on a daily basis to support our students with mental health challenges.
My Art My Way Exhibit
Stop by HistoryMiami to view the beautiful artwork created by our very own IND students! For more exhibit information, click the photo below.
We are so proud of our boys and girls! WAY TO GO! 😀
HOPE Totes for the Homeless
The RAK Club will begin collecting items on Monday, May 5th through Friday, May 23rd.