Please click to enlarge. (Available in English and Spanish.)
Category Archives: School Information
Kindergarten Registration Now Open
A reminder to all parents that our Kindergarten registration is now open through Friday, May 29th! Don’t wait — Space is limited!! The first 10 incoming Kindergarten students to register, will receive a FREE bookbag with supplies! We encourage you to share this information with friends and family.
- For the 2015-2016 school year, Dante B. Fascell Elementary School will proudly offer the Extended Foreign Language (EFL) Spanish Program to students who meet course requirements, in grades K through 4. Incoming K students interested in participating in EFL are asked to contact the Registrar Ms. Lester at 305-380-1901 for more information.
- Dante B. Fascell Elementary School offers full-time, Gifted classes, for students who qualify, beginning in grade 1 through grade 5.
- For more information on transitioning your child to Kindergarten, please visit our school website or visit: http://dantefascellelementary.org/2015/05/07/2015-2016-transition-to-kinder-orientation/
- For more information regarding Kindergarten registration, please call 305-380-1901. Hurry, space is limited!
VPK Lottery Registration – NOW OPEN
VPK Lottery Registration is now open! Our Lottery will be held on Friday, February 27th at 10 a.m. in the school Media Center. If you know friends or family interested in enrolling, please share this information.
For more info, please call us at 305-380-1901.
2013-2014 ESEA School Public Accountability Report
To meet federal and state requirements, the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE)and Miami-Dade County Public Schools have cooperatively prepared a report entitled theNo Child Left Behind (NCLB) School Public Accountability Report. The ESEA School Public Accountability Report is an important information source for parents, school staff and members of the community, as they work together to improve students’ academic performance.
Direct Link to the DBFE’s ESEA Accountability Report: http://doeweb-prd.doe.state.fl.us/eds/nclbspar/year1314/nclb1314.cfm?dist_schl=13_1811
Parents & Community Members: WE NEED YOU!
Parents, DBFE is in search of interested individuals to join our schools Educational Excellence School Advisory Council (EESAC). By joining, you have an opportunity to take an active role in the decision-making process at Dante B. Fascell Elementary School. The time required to be a part of the EESAC committee is very minimal. We are looking for parents and community members to participate and make a difference in our school.
EESAC elections will take place Tuesday, September 16 at 5:30 pm, during the Annual Title I Meeting before Open House. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming an EESAC member, please call (305) 380-1901.
New Dismissal Procedures
We are implementing changes to the dismissal process for the 2014-2015 school year. Please use the photo below to familiarize yourself with this new system. Expect to receive a hardcopy version on Monday afternoon, as it will be sent home with your child. The map is also available on our school website, under the “Parents” tab.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during the first few weeks, as the entire DBFE community adjusts to this new routine; it is greatly appreciated!
Transportation Info via Parent Portal
Apply for Free/Reduced Lunch TODAY
Use the quick and easy link below to fill out your LUNCH application today! (Processing time is significantly faster for applications submitted online.) If you require assistance filling out a form, please call 305-380-1901 to set an appointment with our Community Involvement Specialist (CIS) Ms. Fiallos.
FREE/REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION ONLINE: https://freeandreducedmealapp.dadeschools.net/
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Brochure — ENG
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Brochure — SPAN
Meet & Greet – Friday, Aug 15
Join us this Friday, August 15th at 2 pm for an opening of school Meet & Greet. Visit your child’s teacher and explore his/her classroom before the start of the school year.
PTA will also be hosting a membership drive on this date. Join for just $6 per person. All monies collected directly benefit the boys and girls of DBFE! Those who join will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 gift card. We hope to see you there! 🙂