Please click to enlarge. (Available in English and Spanish.)
Tag Archives: DBFE
Kindergarten Registration Now Open
A reminder to all parents that our Kindergarten registration is now open through Friday, May 29th! Don’t wait — Space is limited!! The first 10 incoming Kindergarten students to register, will receive a FREE bookbag with supplies! We encourage you to share this information with friends and family.
- For the 2015-2016 school year, Dante B. Fascell Elementary School will proudly offer the Extended Foreign Language (EFL) Spanish Program to students who meet course requirements, in grades K through 4. Incoming K students interested in participating in EFL are asked to contact the Registrar Ms. Lester at 305-380-1901 for more information.
- Dante B. Fascell Elementary School offers full-time, Gifted classes, for students who qualify, beginning in grade 1 through grade 5.
- For more information on transitioning your child to Kindergarten, please visit our school website or visit: http://dantefascellelementary.org/2015/05/07/2015-2016-transition-to-kinder-orientation/
- For more information regarding Kindergarten registration, please call 305-380-1901. Hurry, space is limited!
Parent Support Group – Meeting Friday, April 17th
Join us this Friday, April 17th for our monthly Parent Support Group, from 9 to 10 a.m. This is a valuable opportunity to learn, socialize, and share resources.
All interested participants are asked to RSVP to POrtega@dadeschools.net. For more detailed information, please call 305-380-1901.
We hope to see you here! 🙂
McDonald’s Night is Next Tuesday, April 21st
Join us on Tuesday, April 21st for McDonald’s Night from 5 – 7 p.m. at the McDonald’s in the Walmart shopping complex (157 Avenue and Kendall Drive). A portion of all proceeds collected during these hours will benefit DBFE. Plus, Ronald McDonald will be making an appearance!
We hope to see you there! 😀
Coming Fall 2015: Every Kid in a Park Initiative
Beginning September 2015, every fourth-grader in the nation will receive an “Every Kid in a Park” pass. The initiative calls on federal agencies to help get all children to visit and enjoy the outdoors and inspire a new generation of Americans to experience their country’s unrivaled public lands and waters.
The White House posted a blog providing detailed information about the program which can be accessed at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/02/19/let-s-get-every-kid-park.
Parent Academy Workshops at Miami-Dade Public Libraries
The Parent Academy has partnered with Miami-Dade Public Libraries to conduct monthly parent workshops on select weekends and weekday evenings.
- Workshops will be held at four library branches throughout the district.
- Workshops will be interactive and hands-on.
- All participants will be entered in a raffle for gift cards.
- Click here for full 2015 workshop dates.
2013-2014 ESEA School Public Accountability Report
To meet federal and state requirements, the Florida Department of Education (FLDOE)and Miami-Dade County Public Schools have cooperatively prepared a report entitled theNo Child Left Behind (NCLB) School Public Accountability Report. The ESEA School Public Accountability Report is an important information source for parents, school staff and members of the community, as they work together to improve students’ academic performance.
Direct Link to the DBFE’s ESEA Accountability Report: http://doeweb-prd.doe.state.fl.us/eds/nclbspar/year1314/nclb1314.cfm?dist_schl=13_1811
NOW AVAILABLE: District-Level Title I Parental Involvement Plan (PIP)
Please note that the District-Level Title I Parental Involvement Plan is available via our school website. Detailed directions are provided below:
- Go to dbfe.dadeschools.net
- Click “Parents”
- Scroll down to the Title I Administration section
- Click District Title I Parental Involvement Plan (PIP).
Family Resources Now Available at FIU
There are some exciting NEW services being offered this fall at FIU’s Center for Children and Families, such as:
- Children of Divorce Intervention Group
- Child Anxiety and Phobia Program
- Web-Based Program to Reduce Perceived Burdensomeness in Adolescents
- Treatment for Early Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Treatment for Young Children with Anxiety
Cost varies per program and some services may be free for those who are eligible. Please contact Florida International University for more information at 305-348-0477 or contact the Center for Children and Families here: https://cateredcap.fiu.edu/surveys/?s=EBFZkQH4JN.
Parents & Community Members: WE NEED YOU!
Parents, DBFE is in search of interested individuals to join our schools Educational Excellence School Advisory Council (EESAC). By joining, you have an opportunity to take an active role in the decision-making process at Dante B. Fascell Elementary School. The time required to be a part of the EESAC committee is very minimal. We are looking for parents and community members to participate and make a difference in our school.
EESAC elections will take place Tuesday, September 16 at 5:30 pm, during the Annual Title I Meeting before Open House. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming an EESAC member, please call (305) 380-1901.