Please click to enlarge. (Available in English and Spanish.)
Category Archives: Students
Kindergarten Registration Now Open
A reminder to all parents that our Kindergarten registration is now open through Friday, May 29th! Don’t wait — Space is limited!! The first 10 incoming Kindergarten students to register, will receive a FREE bookbag with supplies! We encourage you to share this information with friends and family.
- For the 2015-2016 school year, Dante B. Fascell Elementary School will proudly offer the Extended Foreign Language (EFL) Spanish Program to students who meet course requirements, in grades K through 4. Incoming K students interested in participating in EFL are asked to contact the Registrar Ms. Lester at 305-380-1901 for more information.
- Dante B. Fascell Elementary School offers full-time, Gifted classes, for students who qualify, beginning in grade 1 through grade 5.
- For more information on transitioning your child to Kindergarten, please visit our school website or visit: http://dantefascellelementary.org/2015/05/07/2015-2016-transition-to-kinder-orientation/
- For more information regarding Kindergarten registration, please call 305-380-1901. Hurry, space is limited!
Coming Fall 2015: Every Kid in a Park Initiative
Beginning September 2015, every fourth-grader in the nation will receive an “Every Kid in a Park” pass. The initiative calls on federal agencies to help get all children to visit and enjoy the outdoors and inspire a new generation of Americans to experience their country’s unrivaled public lands and waters.
The White House posted a blog providing detailed information about the program which can be accessed at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/02/19/let-s-get-every-kid-park.
Services Available via The Institute for Child & Family Health
The Institute for Child and Family Health, Inc. is currently offering an array of services in schools, the community, and homes for children, adolescents and adults from ages 6 to 21 years.
- Behavioral Counseling for:
- Depression, anxiety, ADHD, learning disabilities, disruptive behaviors, anger management, substance use, poor coping skills, poor impulse control, distractibility, and non-compliance with attendance, instruction, rules and regulations (6-21 years)
- Case Management:
- Linking services, doctor’s appointments, housing, shelter, food, clothing, physical needs, and other basic needs (6-17 years)
- Assessment, medication management, consultation, etc. (6-17 years)
- Psychological Testing:
- Intellectual functioning, academic assessment, psycho-educational skills for daily living (6-17 years)
- Grant Programs:
- Empowerment, anger management groups, SNAP (Stop Now and Plan), and functional family therapy
For more information, please contact The Institute for Child and Family Health, Inc. at (North Dade) 305-722-7159; (South Dade) 305-722-5635.
The Miracle League of Miami-Dade for Children and Adults with Special Needs
The Miracle League of Miami-Dade is a non-profit organization that provides children and young adults with disabilities the opportunity to play baseball in an organized, non-competitive league.
- Miracle League players are paired with “Baseball Buddies” who assist the players on and off the field. During every game, each child is given an opportunity to bat, run/walk the bases, score a run, and play the field.
- The Miracle League is hosting its next game on Saturday, January 10, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. at Dr. Michael Krop Senior High, 1410 N.E 215th Street, Miami, Florida 33179.
- Attendance at the event is free. The game will last for one hour or two innings. The attached flier provides additional information and a schedule of upcoming games.
- Additional information regarding the program is available at www.mlomd.org or by calling 786-224-4800.
- Download the flyer here.
Parents & Community Members: WE NEED YOU!
Parents, DBFE is in search of interested individuals to join our schools Educational Excellence School Advisory Council (EESAC). By joining, you have an opportunity to take an active role in the decision-making process at Dante B. Fascell Elementary School. The time required to be a part of the EESAC committee is very minimal. We are looking for parents and community members to participate and make a difference in our school.
EESAC elections will take place Tuesday, September 16 at 5:30 pm, during the Annual Title I Meeting before Open House. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming an EESAC member, please call (305) 380-1901.
Open House – Tuesday, Sept. 16
New Dismissal Procedures
We are implementing changes to the dismissal process for the 2014-2015 school year. Please use the photo below to familiarize yourself with this new system. Expect to receive a hardcopy version on Monday afternoon, as it will be sent home with your child. The map is also available on our school website, under the “Parents” tab.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during the first few weeks, as the entire DBFE community adjusts to this new routine; it is greatly appreciated!
Transportation Info via Parent Portal
Apply for Free/Reduced Lunch TODAY
Use the quick and easy link below to fill out your LUNCH application today! (Processing time is significantly faster for applications submitted online.) If you require assistance filling out a form, please call 305-380-1901 to set an appointment with our Community Involvement Specialist (CIS) Ms. Fiallos.
FREE/REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION ONLINE: https://freeandreducedmealapp.dadeschools.net/
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Brochure — ENG
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application Brochure — SPAN